[foxboro] Keyboard locks up on a AW/WP on a 51B box

  • From: <andrew.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:26:12 +0100

We have a number of 51B boxes running Foxboro 6.1.1 and 6.2.1 - we have
over the years experienced keyboard locks ups, but recently the problem
seems to be getting more frequent. The problem happens on different
boxes on different areas - so no pattern.
To resolve the issue we have to kill the alarm manager from a remote
station due to the keyboard on the local station not working. This then
releases the local keyboard to work again until the next time - approx
every 6 weeks this happens but we have 25 51B boxes - so the frequency
seems worse.

We have implemented the changed in CAR 1003752 where you edit the
.Xdefaults file - but this as made no difference - this as been in place
for a few years.

As anyone had similar problems, if so how did you resolve.

Thanks
      Andrew
Andrew Roberts,
Systems Engineer
* Dow Corning Ltd
      Cardiff Road, Barry, South Wales   CF63 2YL
*  Voice:     +44 (0)1446 723581
*    Fax:      +44 (0)1446 700874
*   E-Mail:   andrew.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx