[foxboro] CP270 Block Count Limitations; Grrrr

  • From: "William C Ricker" <wcricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 23:43:41 -0500

I must express my displeasure at this 4000 block limit in the 270 series
controllers,
and that included in this total are the various data blocks (LONG, REAL,
etc.

Some years ago we made the decision, in a Batch IA system which originally
predated

the existence of IA Batch packages, to move a considerable quantity of data
from

the parameters of various blocks into these data blocks.  As no good deed

can go unpunished, we pay for that when moving to 270's.

Even with gobs of memory left, and not even approaching overload, we slam

hard against block count.  It seems, though I have no actual quantitative
data

to prove it, that the CP60s are more capable for this application than the
270s.

OK, venting over.

William C Ricker

FeedForward, Inc.