[foxboro] AW: CP270 Block Count Limitations; Grrrr

  • From: "Rameil, Marcel" <Marcel.Rameil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 01:38:07 -0500

Hi list, William,

to my knowledge this 4000 limit is documented for all CPs prior to FCP280 being
able to run the so called "Jumbo Image" and is the size of the compound/block
table, so this should be the same on CP60s than on 270s and is valid for the
total added count of all compounds and blocks per CP.

And yes, using larger amounts of data blocks fills this table much faster than
the CPU load or memory - which is by nature of the data blocks as they have no
algorithm (that takes CPU load) and a very small memory footprint.

The FCP280 BTW has a limit of 8000 - Will that help? ;-)

best regards - mit freundlichen Grüßen -

Marcel Rameil

Marcel Rameil (Sieling)   |   Schneider Electric   |  Invensys Systems GmbH   |
  Industry Business, Process Automation   |   Technical Sales Consultant
Systems DACH and EE
Phone: +49 2131 4062 302  |  Fax: +49 2841 1691107  |  Mobile: +49 172 3980 302
Email: marcel.rameil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |   Site: www.iom.invensys.de   |
 Address: Hermann Klammt Strasse 1-3, 41460 Neuss, Germany

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail q