[foxboro] 51B at 6.5.2 and Flat Screens NEC 2010 Dual Head

  • From: "Gillis, Dale" <Dale.Gillis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 22:30:32 +0300

Hello List

Need some help with setting the resolutions on a 51B Box using flat
screens.  The problem is that the viewable area on the Flat Screen is a
little too big and you can't see the whole picture. (I have to resize it
with the monitor buttons and make the top bar disappear...TIME DATE
etc).  I searched the archives and found some useful info.  They say to
set the card resolution in the 4th tool kit mode with the setenv
command.  This is what I used:

setenv output-device screen:r1152x900x66

I rebooted the box and it worked great....except for it only worked on
the Primary Video Card.....Does anyone know how to set this to the
Secondary Video Card as well??????????  I did a boot -r and even tried
removing the second card and then adding it again but to no avail.

Dale Gillis
Instrument Technician
Stora Enso Port Hawkesbury Ltd.
PO Box 9500
B9A 1A1
Phone:902-625-2460 Ext 4401 or 6233
Fax : 902-625-2098
Pager:317 (Dial 8 to get into Paging System)