[flashxmlengine] Re: Resizing browser window

  • From: "Tenney Julian" <Julian.Tenney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <flashxmlengine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:55:38 +0100

Hi,

I just got back from holiday and found several questiosn from you - I've
answered them all here...

1) I´m using Xerte for producing SCORM 1.2 compliant packages in Claroline. How
can I resize the window of the browser to use all screen stage?

In the html page that loads up the flash piece, you can write script that
resizes the window to the size you need. If you look in the html, right at the
bottom of the code is this bit:

rloFile = "%FILE%";
rloWidth = %WIDTH%;
rloHeight = %HEIGHT%;
top.resizeTo(rloWidth + 100,rloHeight + 100);

The last line is what resizes the window, to 100 px wider and taller than the
xerte piece. You can try several approaches to get what you want. When you've
settled on the approach that works for you, you can let every file you publish
use your preferred settings by modifying the scormRLO.htm file in
<xerteDirectory>/SCORM/ folder. It is this file that is copied to the project
folder when you publish, so any changes you make to that file will be used
every time you package a piece.

Make sure you test your approach in several different browsers, as they
helpfully all handle the resizeTo(w,h) method differently. That's why I leave a
gutter of 100px.

2) When using SHIFT-F5 to adjust objects, Xertes saves automatically the
content (not asking for it).
Xerte saves the file when you preview it. I could, if you want look at getting
Xerte to create the backup for you every time a file is opened. Then, when you
quit Xerte, the prompt can say save changes' and if you say 'no' we can roll
back to the old version of the file. Would that work for you?

3) Sometimes when you make changes, and publish, it seems Xertes do not
overwrite old archives: they must be erased from the directory to get the new
changes
I've not found this. Can you describe step by step so I can reproduce it?

4) How can I produce a resources.swf file with fonts i need?
Create a folder with the fonts in it you want to compile into resources.swf.
From the file menu, select 'compile library'. Browse to your fonts folder, and
say 'OK'. Resources.swf will be created for you. Restart Xerte and load up your
file again to load the resources. If you have a font called frutiger.ttf, you
use it in xerte with the name 'frutiger' (i.e. the file name without the .ttf).
Incidentally, you can include graphics and swf files in the library folder and
then use attachMovie to display them using the same method: the library id will
be the filename without the extension.