[fgmlug] Re: Lists, what to post where?

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fgmlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:36:02 -0500

No. Just use the existing lists we have already....

My .02 worth...

Richard

Tom Brown wrote:
5. ANNOUNCEMENTS (public)

Announcements of meetings and changes to meetings, closures, special events, etc., should be posted on the FGM list since they are not frequent and are important. Some groups create a separate "announcements" list and automatically subscribe members of other lists to it. Announcement lists tend to be low volume and reduce cross postings. The announcements don't have to be limited to FGM functions. NDLUG meetings, Ohio Linux Fest and other meetings and events relevant to FGM/FGMLUG volunteers and members would be fair game. Announcement lists are one-way posts, no conversations. Conversations belong on a discussion list.

Do we need an announcements list?

Tom

--
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman, ke4rit
Mishawaka, IN

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. **
PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain. Assume that the FBI and your mother are closely monitoring our group.
To visit the main website for FGMLUG go to http://www.fgmlug.org

To post to the list send email to fgmlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

at //www.freelists.org/list/fgmlug