Re: incoming and outgoing

  • From: "Denise Dorrance" <denisedorrance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:14:09 +0000

We're doing dns through an ISP. I can get out to the internet but just can't send email to the outside world. I called the isp and they said that if I could get to the internet then it must be on the exchange box.

Thanks

Denise

From: Enrico Gasparini <enrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Re: incoming and outgoing
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:22:49 +0100

http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 03:29:03PM +0000, Denise Dorrance wrote: > http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped! > > > Hi All - > > I am able to send email to anyone within the domain but cannot send or > receive from or to anyone outside of the company. Any help would be > appreciated. > Have your checked your dns configuration?

Try some nslookups with "set type=mx" to resolve smtp servers for foreign
domains

--
enry8th