Re: file defragfatz.exe

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:03:48 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:31:40 +0700, Amos D. Galiardo <amdix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Dear listers:
> Does anyone know about file of defragfatz.exe or defragfat40z.exe ..
>
> I have some problems about this....i looked at task manager that it always
> make a process, and it put it on the registry in "window dll loader"
> field...i always delete that field but sometime it runs again and put it on
> again...
> i've checked about this and i thought it cause virus of w32.linkbot.a  , but
> i always fixed it, but it happend again...
>
> this problem make my mail server often down because system attendant service
> not available..

1) What anti-virus software are you utilizing and how old are the
definitions/signatures?
2) Do you have all the latest Windows patches/critical updates installed?
3) What OS, version of Exchange, etc.?
4) Do you view websites on this server/computer?

You probably have a virus/worm/malware/trojan.

...D