Re: What do you do about NDRs

  • From: "Goran Jovanovic" <GJovanovic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:24:34 -0500

OK, did all that. I renamed and deleted badmail. Used the DOS command and got
rid of 63000+ files in 5 minutes.

Now I tested sending to frank@xxxxxxxxxxx (does not exist) and with the NDRs
disabled as previously mentioned the message did not go into the badmail
directory. On the other hand it generated a warning in the Appl Event Log as
follows:

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Connection Manager
Event ID:       756
Date:           1/28/2004
Time:           11:12:16 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       XXXXXX
A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.1 was generated for recipient
rfc822;frank@xxxxxxxxxxx (Message-ID  <000001c3e61e$14123210$6545a8c0@GORAN>).
Data:
0000: 46 05 04 80               F..?

Oh it is so wonderful when you go and look it up

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308323

I had my diagnostic logging on. Duh.

So now no badmail files and no events clogging up my application log. Wonderful
just what I want.

     Goran Jovanovic
     The LAN Shoppe
     2345 Yonge Street, Suite 302