Re: What do you do about NDRs

  • From: "Zoran" <zmarjanovic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:09:10 -0700

Hi Goran,

NDR is generated by your exchange when I send a message to
xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/org... The message reached your domain but active
directory has no record for xxx user or group. Than exchange recognises it
as domain=ok, user=unknown and it sends NDR to the sender (to me) in order
to inform me about the delivery problem. As the message I sent didn't find
a recipient, exchange deliver it into the badmail folder (it has to go
somewhere).
If you renamed your badmail folder, restart your server so exchange can
recognise and hook up to the new badmail folder.

Zoran