UPS

  • From: "Mark Budman" <mbudman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:16:59 -0400

Hi Lorie,

   I have down considerable research on UPS units. I have found APC to
be one of the worst UPS manufacturers available. My research has pointed
me to a company called powerware.

   The UPS units from powerware have a longer warranty, and can guard
against more types of power problems than APC UPs units. Since I work in
educational, our company also benefits from a discount.

   There are nine types of power problems that can be covered by a UPS.
I have a chart explaining these 9 types of power protection. You can get
a unit that protects 3, 5, or 9.

Mark

Mark Budman
Systems Engineer