• From: "Thomas Brennan" <tbrennan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 21:04:59 -0400

Agreed, check out the sizing guide @
Thomas Brennan
Federated Systems Group
Corporate Website :  <>
ISP Business :  <>
Off-Site Media Storage :  <>
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Coppini [mailto:AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 7:28 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: UPS

All UPSs which can be controlled (and can control) through the serial
port can shut down a server gracfully.
We use APC SmartUPS 3000 (3kVA) with 3 servers on each.  All the servers
are connected to their respective UPS via Serial. When the power goes
out and the battery is low, it sends a signal to the servers which shut
down all the services and shut themselves down.