RE: UPS

  • From: "Thomas Brennan" <tbrennan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 21:04:59 -0400

Agreed, check out the sizing guide @
http://www.apc.com/products/smart-ups/index.cfm

Thomas Brennan
Federated Systems Group
Corporate Website :  <http://www.fedsysgrp.com/> www.fedsysgrp.com
ISP Business :  <http://www.yourhostingpartner.com/>
www.yourhostingpartner.com
Off-Site Media Storage :  <http://www.datasafe-nj.com/>
www.datasafe-nj.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Coppini [mailto:AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 7:28 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: UPS

All UPSs which can be controlled (and can control) through the serial
port can shut down a server gracfully.

We use APC SmartUPS 3000 (3kVA) with 3 servers on each.  All the servers
are connected to their respective UPS via Serial. When the power goes
out and the battery is low, it sends a signal to the servers which shut
down all the services and shut themselves down.