RE: UPS

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 01:27:59 +0200

All UPSs which can be controlled (and can control) through the serial port
can shut down a server gracfully.

We use APC SmartUPS 3000 (3kVA) with 3 servers on each.  All the servers are
connected to their respective UPS via Serial. When the power goes out and
the battery is low, it sends a signal to the servers which shut down all the
services and shut themselves down.