RE: Testing a Full Exchange Backup

  • From: Roger Mackenzie <r.mackenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:46:06 -0000

        For complete disaster recovery practice you'll need to clone
everything - though that's not too much in your situation. Likely all this
could run on old kit except for the restore device. Just to test the backup
you can use the recovery storage group and try duplicating your own mailbox
back into the live service.

        A few words but a lot of work.

Regards, Roger Mackenzie (Glasgow University)