RE: Testing a Full Exchange Backup

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:16:22 -0500

Ok than you need to do modify the Exchange DN on the new server to match that
of the production server. Steps to complete after the build is complete. 1.
Open command prompt. Type ldifde -f c:\exchange.txt -d "CN=Microso
ft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=fabrikom,DC=com" -p subtree 2. Open
the file Exchange.txt. In the text file search for "First Administrative Org"
There may be up to 25 entries. When you encounter the first match you need to
locate it in adsiedit and change First Administrative Org to the Exchange org
name of your production Exchange. 3. Once you have found the first match. Open
run box and enter adsiedit.msc (From windows support tools) 4. If you're
familiar with adsiedit you need to go to your Exchange Configuration Container
à Services à Microsoft Exchange. You should see your org name. Most of the
matches will be within this subfolder. Find the match and change the legacydn
to match the orginal org name. So basically anywhere you see "First
Administrative Org" you need to change to your production org name.