RE: Testing a Full Exchange Backup

  • From: "Lloyd Williams" <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:01:48 -0500

Two thoughts,
1 Can the recovery storage group be on a different exchange server in
the same organization. Ie can I back up server1 to tape then restore to
a storage recovery group on server2, then duplicate back to my mailbox
on server1
2 I'm sure I've read of people restoring their mailboxes to an alternate
server then using Exmerge to move them back to the original server. How
is this done it would seem that would create two mailboxes per user in
the same organization which I believe is not allowed

Lloyd