RE: Testing Exchange 2003

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:33:10 -0400

If it's a valid mailer, you should get a status code which you can decode to
figure out what's going on.  When you telnet to it, what's the status code?
Or, if not one, then they have something they have a configuration problem
most likely.  It's possible they're using some sort of firewall device for
reverse DNS etc.