RE: Testing Exchange 2003

  • From: "Andy Arnold" <AArnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:52:21 -0400

There a few that do this. From home I can telnet 25 to them. It is almost like 
they have us blocked.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Tolmachoff (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 10:49 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Testing Exchange 2003


http://www.MSExchange.org/

Is it for just one domain? If so, if you provide us with that domain, or off
list if you like, we can test.

What do the Exchange logs say on the attempted connection?

Most likely, you will have to contact them and they will have to assist
reading their logs to diagnose.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andy Arnold [mailto:AArnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 6:48 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Testing Exchange 2003
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> It sits there on a blck screen and then comes back to the command prompt.
No info.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mulnick, Al [mailto:Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 9:33 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Testing Exchange 2003
> 
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> If it's a valid mailer, you should get a status code which you can decode
to
> figure out what's going on.  When you telnet to it, what's the status
code?
> Or, if not one, then they have something they have a configuration problem
> most likely.  It's possible they're using some sort of firewall device for
> reverse DNS etc.
> 
> Al
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andy Arnold [mailto:AArnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 8:04 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Testing Exchange 2003
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Is there a way to tell why your email is being blocked going to a specific
> domain? I have tried telneting on port 25 to this .com domain but the
telnet
> session goes away as quickly as I start it. I checked all of the
blacklists
> for my domain as well as theirs and both are clean.
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading
> Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security
> Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library:
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> al.mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> aarnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist


------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
------------------------------------------------------
Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
------------------------------------------------------
You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as: 
aarnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe visit http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist


Other related posts: