Static Mapping / NAT Firewall

  • From: "Paul Stewart" <pauls@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:51:57 -0500

Hi there..
I have an Exchange 2000 server running behind a Cisco NAT router.  The
server runs fine behind the firewall but I'm trying to access it from
another location over DSL.
In the router I"ve added port 135 UDP/TCP to point to the internal IP
along with ports 4605,4606,4607,4608 as per the MS Technote -;EN-US;Q270836&;
I made both TCP and UDP available as the technote doesn't specify which
one's to use.
Still cannot access my mailbox remotely.  It asks for the mailbox
username/password and domain but then times out.  Did I miss something.
I can ping the machine by it's servername from the remote system
(server.psa is the machine/domain).
Any ideas? :)