Soka|forward email setup q

  • From: "Robert Lawson" <rlawson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:21:45 -0800

Hello All,
  We have an issue implementing email forwards that work internally and
externally.  The only way we have gotten this to work is to 1) add a contact
for the personal email, 2) add an email enabled user account that forwards to
the contact from step #1.  We would like to know if others have found a way to
achieve this without creating users with mailboxes.
  We want to offer an email forward to alumni.  An alumni account, eg
fulano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fulano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> , would forward to their
personal email, eg fulano1@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:fulano1@xxxxxxxxx> .  The
fulano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fulano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  account should work
when used on or off campus.  We are an Exchange 2003 SP1 shop.
Thanks, Robert

Robert Lawson
Senior Database Administrator/email administrator
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA. 92656
main: 949.480.4000 fax: 949.480.4258