Problem: contactitems in public folders are Read Only

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:27:41 +0100

 Hello all,
I have a very strange thing. We have public folders in which we collect
contactitems of contacts. Now there are some items (about 100) that have been
exported from the old exchange server to a pstfile and imported on the new
exchange 2003 server. Now when users open the items, the items are read olny.
You can see that in the title bar, it sais [Read Only]. When users create new
items that items can be edited etc. But the old ones not.
I already checked and tried changing the directory rights, client permissions,
and administrative rights.
I made users administraters and full owners, but still the items are Read Only.
What else can I try?
The server has Exchange 2003 SP1 running on windows 2000 server..