Shutting down access on Exchange 5.5 server

  • From: "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:41:20 -0700

How can I stop users from accessing mailboxes while I move everyone to the
Exchange 2003 server.  I want to take a day to just move everyone that is
left on the old server to the new one and need to lock everyone out until
it is completed.  I have about 225 to 230 users left on the old server so
I will need a little time.  Should I lock everyone out of the new server
while I am doing this?  I plan on using the wizard to move them over about
20 at a time.

Thanks,
Byron