RE: Shutting down access on Exchange 5.5 server

  • From: "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:17:46 -0600

Never mind.  I just figure it out.

Byron Kendrick
-----Original Message-----
From: Byron Kendrick [mailto:bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:41 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Shutting down access on Exchange 5.5 server

How can I stop users from accessing mailboxes while I move everyone to
Exchange 2003 server.  I want to take a day to just move everyone that
left on the old server to the new one and need to lock everyone out
it is completed.  I have about 225 to 230 users left on the old server
I will need a little time.  Should I lock everyone out of the new server
while I am doing this?  I plan on using the wizard to move them over
20 at a time.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory: