RE: Remote Laptop -> Exchange Server

  • From: "Niklas Lindgren" <niklas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 00:34:01 -0700

Maybe i wrote badly!

I know that i can make pst files and do out of office profiles.
This is really easy and works great if you visit your office sometimes.
Then it is no problem to synch with the server and store the files in a
offline-file.

The thing is that i dont come to office very often.
Before we got Exchange we used pop3 to get the mails.
then there was no problem to get my mail via dialup.
I could just press one button ( send and recieve ) and then i got my
mails.
And when i was on the road i could press one button that connects to my
isp and start outlook for pop3 transfer.
After a while i had all the mails and the i could read them without
connecting to internet, logon to webmail and read.

I need this function to get my mail stored on my laptop directly when i
connect to internet from the road.

Connecting to webmail from a laptop with mobilephone is really slow.
Dont have time to wait just for checking a phonenumber in a mail.

Is there a way to get my mails stored on my laptop when i am not in my
office.