Queue Won't go down

  • From: "Aber Whitcomb" <aber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:13:40 -0700

Our exchange 2k box is having a lot of problems working through it's queue.
Right now there are 60k messages waiting for directory lookup and 9k messages
in the local directory queue.  I think this may be related to the virus that's
been going around.  We use Symantec AVF for exchange so no one has been
infected, but something is definitely wrong.  Some messages are bouncing,
others take a day to be delivered to an email box.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions about how to get a handle on this?
Are there any filters we should be using so we're not queuing up viruses?

Thanks,
Aber