DNS Issue

  • From: "david" <apba08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:09:31 +0100

Dear all,

I am running Windows 2k Server and Server 2k.

The network has recently been reconfigured by "experts" for broadband and to
join a wide area network for all local schools, and I have received
virtually no incoming e-mail since! I can send e-mail out though.

When I run a DNS report (www.DNSreport.com <http://www.dnsreport.com/> ) the
clue seems to be that I get a "Fail" on the "Connect to mail servers". The
message reads "Error: I could not connect to one or more of your mail
servers: mx.segfl.ifl.net: Timed out [Last data sent: QUIT]"

The other mail servers are dns1.segfl.ifl.net and dns0.segfl.ifl.net.

The "expert" tested it by logging on top his server (also within the WAN)
and e-mail was fine.

Similarly the ISP can send through e-mail.

Can anybody confirm that this is a DNS issue within the mail server that I
can't connect to, or might it be within my own configuration?

The site is northmead.surrey.sch.uk

David S.

I've stopped 149 spam messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam protection at www.cloudmark.com
 <http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnet?v1> Cloudmark SpamNet - Join the fight
against spam!

GIF image