DNS Issue

  • From: "david" <apba08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:09:31 +0100

Dear all,

I am running Windows 2k Server and Server 2k.

The network has recently been reconfigured by "experts" for broadband and to
join a wide area network for all local schools, and I have received
virtually no incoming e-mail since! I can send e-mail out though.

When I run a DNS report (www.DNSreport.com <http://www.dnsreport.com/> ) the
clue seems to be that I get a "Fail" on the "Connect to mail servers". The
message reads "Error: I could not connect to one or more of your mail
servers: mx.segfl.ifl.net: Timed out [Last data sent: QUIT]"

The other mail servers are dns1.segfl.ifl.net and dns0.segfl.ifl.net.

The "expert" tested it by logging on top his server (also within the WAN)
and e-mail was fine.

Similarly the ISP can send through e-mail.

Can anybody confirm that this is a DNS issue within the mail server that I
can't connect to, or might it be within my own configuration?

The site is northmead.surrey.sch.uk

Regards

David S.

  _____

I've stopped 149 spam messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam protection at www.cloudmark.com
<http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnet?v1>
 <http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnet?v1> Cloudmark SpamNet - Join the fight
against spam!