[ExchangeList] Re: Problem installing Exch2k7 to coexist with Exch2k3 with a lot of LDAP search filters in recipient policies

  • From: Jabber Wock <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:23:08 -0400

Thanks those were useful and interesting links.  However they do not address the basic issue I am facing:  in order to install a new Exchange 2007 server in an existing Exchange 2003 environment without being forced to upgrade or damage any existing live Exchange 2003 servers, we are forced to convert all recipient policies and anything involving LDAP queries to OPATH. For most situations this might not be a big deal but for us (in a multi-hosted environment) we have literally hundreds of recipient policies and LDAP search queries which, if touched, could seriously break existing users.  I am trying to understand if there is a cean, seamless, safe way to install a new Exchange 2007 server in an existing Exchange 2003 environment and if not, WHY NOT??  Was co-existence with Exchange 2003 not part of the plan for Exchange 2007?

It was bad enough that the Exchange 2007 install process forces one to do all those heart-stopping steps to prep the forest and domain but now this ...

Best regards
JW

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Michael B. Smith <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can probably find everything you need in one of the top five articles returned here:

http://msexchangeteam.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=opath