Outlook 2003 problems

  • From: "Frank Trombley" <trombley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:11:57 -0600

The president of my company is having hugh problems with his outlook 2003
program.  The biggest (and latest) problem is his inability to send email
messages.  When he goes to send messages they go to the outbox and just
stay there.  He selects the address from the dropdown list when creating
the email message.

Question 1) Is there a tool that will check his email addresses that will
check and ensure that the addresses are not corrupt (misspellings are not
the issue).

The second issue is that when messages are created, they appear in the
outbox without a date/timestamp.  The result is the same the message wont
go out.

Question 2) Is there some issue/setting which I should address on his PC?

For information, he has outlook 2003 loaded as part of Office 2003 SBE
connecting to a POP3 mail server (SMTP is the outbound connection).