Re: Outbound messages stuck in IMS

  • From: Martin Buschbeck <martin.buschbeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:12:44 -0500

I think I may have it solved :)

After spending two hours on the phone with MS it came down to a trailing
period on my DNS name.  Apparently some recipients are particular about
correct DNS suffixes.  Make sure that you have a correct and valid name
setting as your DNS suffix on your exchange server box (such as
domainname.com set in system properties, network identification).  Our was
domainname.com. and it caused some EHLO and HELO errors in the logs.  If you
want to see if this is the problem, just set your SMTP protocol logging to
maximum and search the log files for EHLO and HELO errors (501 and 511 I
think).

Hope this helps

Martin