Outbound messages stuck in IMS

  • From: Martin Buschbeck <martin.buschbeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:55:47 -0500

Hi Folks,

I'm running Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server.
I have a number of messages stuck in my outbound queue in the IMS with
either "Host Unreachable" or "Network Error during Host Resolution" errors.
I can ping the recipients mail server, use nslookup to find the MX record
and can reach the address through my hotmail account but Exchange can't
deliver them.  I have switched DNS servers several times, but no luck.  The
problem only seems to affect a small number of messages and I can't see a
patterns as to which messages get stuck and which get through.

Any ideas?

Martin Buschbeck