OWA-Setup- Mr.Thomas w Shinder

  • From: mmmopo errer <hatem20072008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:39:54 -0700 (PDT)

hi Thomas;

1. Clients is located in USA & UK, 4 in USA & 2 in UK.
2.the exchange server is hosted now in CIHOST Company, and  i am using my
exchange server 2000 enterprise edition to connect to the server which is
hosted in USA, CIHOST by using POP3 Downloader ( GFI MailEssential POP3
Downloader), and all of my users configured on OUTLOOK 2003 with exchange
Account with one PST for each user.

3. I have only one ISA server located in my Network configured to connect to
the internet through DialUp telephone line, without any special configuration
at all ( i mean no any static IP-Address at all -Real IP-Address- ).

4.the FQDN for my domain which is hosted in CIHOST, in USA is ( MMT-GROUP.COM)

i want them to access the following FQDN ( http://mail.mmt-group.com).

here is my Plan for the situation.

First of all, i want to get ride of the POP3 Downloader, and i want all of my
E-mails to come directly to my exchange server, without going to CIHOST company.

so i am Planning to do the following:-

1. Get one Good connection to the ISP, Leased Line with 512K.
2. Get 4 Real IP-address.
3. change the DNS settings for my doamin , to map to the Real IP-Address which
i took from the ISP.
i mean if i have the following configuration for the DNS settings from CIHOST,
mmt-group.com 28800 in MX 10 MAIL.mmt-group.com
mmt-group.com 28800 in MX 10 62.36.25.114
and the ISP gave me the following Real -IP address:-
(212.25.3.34---212.25.3.38).
i will change the DNS settings to the Real-IP-address which i took .
so when any one send an E-mail to me, the DNS willknow that the MX record for
me is
( 212.25.3.34) instaed of ( 62.36.25.114).

4. this is what i know exactly, so i need now to put the OWA for the Users
which is they are in USA or UK, i need from them to type (
http://wmail.mmt-group.com) and then they will be able to access theE-mails.

so in order to do that, i will do the following :-

4.1. Bring new & Good PC.
4.2. Install Windows Advanced server 2000 on it.
4.3 Join it to my domain Locally in my LAN.
4.4 Name it ( wmail.mmt-group.com).
4.5 give it the following real IP-Address ( 212.25.3.37 ) with the complete
Subnetmask & Default gateway & DNS which the ISP- will give it to me.

A. untill now there is no any Problem at all, but i want to know something, for
the Wmail Server, what should i install on it to run OWA, should i install
another exchange server, or should i install only IIS, or i should not install
any thing on it ?

B. also, i did not do any thing here with the ISA server, so can you tell me
what is the excpected Problems i will face it if i put the E-mail server (
exchange server ) on line & W-mail also?

can you please guide me with PDF Book or PDF file , for the steps should i
follow in order to make OWA ( question No A )  for the user out side, and then
i will discuss with you the ISA issue.

best regards,
Hatem M.M.

Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/
Hi MMM,
Let's try to simplify things.

1. Where are the clients?
2. Where is the Exchange Server?
3. Where is the ISA firewall?
4. What FQDN do you want users to use to access the OWA site?

Thanks!

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7