OWA problems

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:41:22 -0400

Hello list,
We have just implemented OWA as a pilot. Here is the problem
description. I have a XP Pro workstation running IE 6. The browser is
configured to use an internal proxy server which is running ISA server.
The ISA server authenticates only users with access permissions. Both
ISA and Exchange 2000 server are in the same domain, which is the
accounts domain. The OWA folder "Exchange" has been configured to allow
Plaintext and Windows CHAP. I have logged on as my user account which
has access to my exchange mailbox and proxy. When I open the IE and type
"server.domain.com/exchange", I am prompted to enter my username and
password, I type in my username/password, the OWA page starts loading.
But after a few seconds, IE challenges to enter the username and
password for my proxy. AT this point, even if I enter the valid username
and password IE keeps challenging again and again. After a few tries I
can cancel this logon box for proxy and the OWA Inbox page  is
downloaded completely.

This problem doesn't happen with Windows 2000 Pro running IE 5.

Has anyone seen a similar problem with OWA, any inputs suggestions ..?

Raj