Re: New DC = PIMA

  • From: PKarumbaiah@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:04:55 +0530

do you have the GC configured in the local site.

regards,
Ponnappa

                    "Chris Nielsen"

                    <cnielsen@newdaw       To:     "[ExchangeList]"
<exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    ntech.com>             cc:

                                           Subject:     [exchangelist] New DC =
PIMA
                    06/18/2003 10:22

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    "[ExchangeList]"

http://www.MSExchange.org/
I installed a new DC last night. I'm running a Win2K native domain and want
this new box to be "backup" DC for a remote office site (configured as a
separate site in AD, but all same domain) as well as the Exchange box for
the small group of users at that office.

I thought 24 hours would be plenty of time to let AD get all cozy and be
ready for me to install Exchange on this box, but:

     ---------------------------
     Microsoft Exchange 2000 Installation Wizard
     ---------------------------
     The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
     Services" cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:
      - Active Directory has not replicated all the necessary permissions
     for the deleted items container.  Please wait until replication
     completes before running setup.
I know this is really more AD than Exchange, but I'm encountering it only
when trying to install Exchange. I can perform AD operations from this
computer just fine (created user accounts, deleted user accounts, altered
AD Site settings, etc. ? it all replicated fine).

Anybody can point me in the right direction? Or do I just need to wait
longer? Like I said, I thought 24 hours would have been plenty of time, but
what do I know?

TIA.

Chris Nielsen
Systems Administrator