RE: New DC = PIMA

  • From: "Chris Nielsen" <cnielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:11:42 -0600

Old machine name is not showing in AD anywhere. I renamed the machine before
joining it to the domain (was a fresh install on new hardware).

Not sure how I should have things set in the DNS properties under TCP/IP. I
have "Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes" selected, and
it's sub-item "Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix" is checked.
I *don't* have anything in the "DNS suffix for this connection" box, but
then none of my servers (nor workstations) do anywhere on my network.

The configuration under System Properties | Network Identification (Computer
Name) can't be changed (or even accessed) now that the machine is a domain
controller.

Searched the registry and the old name wasn't found anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

Chris Nielsen
Systems Administrator
New Dawn Technologies