New DC = PIMA

  • From: "Chris Nielsen" <cnielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:52:49 -0600

I installed a new DC last night. I'm running a Win2K native domain and
want this new box to be "backup" DC for a remote office site (configured
as a separate site in AD, but all same domain) as well as the Exchange
box for the small group of users at that office.

I thought 24 hours would be plenty of time to let AD get all cozy and be
ready for me to install Exchange on this box, but:

---------------------------

Microsoft Exchange 2000 Installation Wizard

---------------------------

The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services"
cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:

 - Active Directory has not replicated all the necessary permissions for
the deleted items container.  Please wait until replication completes
before running setup.

I know this is really more AD than Exchange, but I'm encountering it
only when trying to install Exchange. I can perform AD operations from
this computer just fine (created user accounts, deleted user accounts,
altered AD Site settings, etc. - it all replicated fine).

Anybody can point me in the right direction? Or do I just need to wait
longer? Like I said, I thought 24 hours would have been plenty of time,
but what do I know?

TIA.

Chris Nielsen

Systems Administrator