Multiple Virtual Server Problems

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 06:33:44 -0700

Hi!
I have problem with multiple POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003.
I have Default Virtual Server POP3/IMAP4 and wanted to create the second
secure  server with the same IP address. The created second virtual server
(POP3 or IMAP4) cannot be startet. There is an eventview warning:

Event ID: 1036
Source: POP3Svc
Category: General
Error-Massage:
?An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service:
server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.?

All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. I have
the following configurations for POP3 virtual servers:

Default Virtual Server:
IP: 10.10.4.1
Port: 110

Second Virtual Server:
IP: 10.10.4.1
Port: 995
Certificate: yes

There is also NO virus scanner which can have negative influence on
virtual server. There is also NO certificate problem!!! I tried to create
the additional virtual servers on three different Exchange 2003 servers.
No chance! On each server I have the same problem!!!

How can I solve this problem? Is that perhaps a bug in Exchange 2003?

Best Regards
Mustafa