Re: Multiple Virtual Server Problems

  • From: "Mohammed Tantawi" <mtantawi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:53:13 +0300

Dear All,

I am still new to Exchange Database.

I have one thing which make confuse, Please some one try to correct me .

What do you mean by Virtual server ? and what do you mean by POP3 virtual
server ?

For Example , if I have here in Saudi Arabia My Exchange server and it has the
following Real IP ( 192.168.1.185 ) and its online by ISP ( Leased Line).

And I have registered my new domain name under Network solution company with
the following name ( MS400.com ) and it already registered , and they give me
the following information :-

Domain Name:
MS400.com
www.MS400.com
Secure Server (SSL) Path:
https://straw.site-secure.net/MS400/
Server Name: straw
Web Directory Path: /www/MS400/

Current IP: 66.221.2.207

And under my domain name I have asked them to have E-mail there also in network
solution . so I configured the outlook configuration to use the POP3 server
which is my domain name . and I can send & Receive any E-mail with using
Outlook Normal without my Exchange server at all . ( I mean connect online ).

BUT , Now if I want to configure  my Exchange server which I have here in my
office  to be connected to My server which is located in USA and to download
the E-mails only from My server in USA, when I configure THE Virtual server for
My Exchange server , do you mean that , the virtual server for MY exchange
server will be MY server in USA.

I mean if its like I am telling My exchange server that , you have another
virtual server located in USA with this IP 62.221.2.207 , Please go there and
download all of the E-mails from there . and its POP3 virtual server . NOT SMTP
virtual server .

Is it Wright?

Please littlie help regarding this .