[ExchangeList] Re: Mail sent to invalid recipients - direct the NDR to go to a mailbox

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:16:32 -0700

What is the purpose?

John T

eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"

-----Original Message-----
From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Victor W.
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:58 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Mail sent to invalid recipients - direct the NDR to
go to a mailbox

It concerns Exchange 5.5

I know Exchange 5.5. sends an NDR if a message is sent to an invalid
recipient but can the actual message be send to a postmaster mailbox?

On the IMC you can configure a mailbox but no messages are currently going
to that mailbox.

What I would like is a message coming from the internet, sent to an invalid
recipient in my domain, gets dropped into a mailbox in my domain.

This only concerns incoming messages, coming from the internet that is.

Victor