RE: Installing MS Exchange 2003

  • From: "Subramanyakeshava, Prasanna" <prasannask@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:33:38 +0530

Hi,

Is this is the first exchange server in your exchange organization.
If not there is no need to run /forestprep command on this server.
/forestprep command is executed only on the first exchange server of
that particular exchange organization.
/domainprep command should be executed on all the servers on which you
want to install Exchange.

It will depend on what you want your exchange server to be to decide
whether you have to run dcpromo or not.
If U want to add this exchange server to any of the already available
domains U need not run dcpromo, but if U want this server to be a DC or
a child domain under the parent DC you will have to run the command
dcpromo.

Hope this was of some help to you.

Cheers
Prasanna