Re: Installing MS Exchange 2003

  • From: sandeep <sandeep78610@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:34:26 -0800 (PST)

  You dont need to run dcpromo after installing exchange.
  You just need Active directory before installing exchange, there is no need
for child domain.
  Forestprep should be run on Schema Master means one of your domain controller
which is have schema master role.  For domainprep you can run on any DC in
domain. but in each domain you should run domainprep once.

"M.Faisal Ilyas Siddiqui" <mfaisal_i@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i am installing ms exchange 2003 in my organization and the questions are
as follows

1- after installing MS Server 2003, do i really have to run dcpromo and
make it a child domain, or ms exchange dosnt necessarily not require to
run dcpromo and make it child domain.

2- On which server i will run /forestprep and /domainprep command.

answer me as soon as possible.

List Archives:
Report abuse to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Mail