RE: Extending Mailbox Store Limit

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:32:22 -0700

Actually, it is a 16GB limit for the information store in Exchange standard,
which is greatly increased with Exchange 2000 SP4 and the forthcoming
Exchange 2003 SP2.

Yes, the 2 GB limit is for PST files. However, even if Outlook 2003 allows
PST files greater than 2 GB, why would anyone want one. Depending on the
number of folders and messages, PST files over 1 GB can have performance
issues.

I tell all my clients it is best to keep PST files not much over 1 GB, and
if needed create additional PST files.

John T
eServices For You