Re: Exchange 5.5 install error

  • From: "Dominic" <emaildominic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:32:48 +0530

Hio There
This error is very generic in nature, and the file being accessed may
be any file in the SP4 package. The portion of the error "The network path was not
found" is the primary clue with this problem. The resolution to this is check and
make sure the "Remote Registry Service" is started. Typically we will see that this
service is stopped and set to "manual" or "disabled". The service pack setup
requires that this service be running in order to query the registry for file
versions of the current exchange service pack level.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Streets" <berrys2552@xxxxxxxxxxx>