[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2000 and DST

  • From: "Teo De Las Heras" <teoheras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 09:15:38 -0500

Is this the same case for Exchange 5.5?  Also, won't Exchange stamp the wrong received time on messages?

Teo

On 2/1/07, Periyasamy, Raj <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bret,
This DST patch specific to Exchange will only matter if you are using OWA in your environment. If you are using all Outlook clients on desktops, make sure you rollout the DST patch for the OS on those clients, as well as the server. Outlook clients use the OS time zone for calendar and other items, whereas OWA does it differently using CDO. If you don't have the Exchange 2000 DST patch OWA will show incorrect times during the 3-4 week period, i.e OWA will assume the old DST standards.

Regards,

HTH.
Regards,
Raj Periyasamy