[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2000 and DST

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:09:42 -0500

Bret,
This DST patch specific to Exchange will only matter if you are using
OWA in your environment. If you are using all Outlook clients on
desktops, make sure you rollout the DST patch for the OS on those
clients, as well as the server. Outlook clients use the OS time zone for
calendar and other items, whereas OWA does it differently using CDO. If
you don't have the Exchange 2000 DST patch OWA will show incorrect times
during the 3-4 week period, i.e OWA will assume the old DST standards.

Regards,

HTH.
Regards,
Raj Periyasamy