[ExchangeList] Exchange 2000 and DST

  • From: "Bret Hanson" <Bhanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:31:54 -0600

I am being asked by the powers that be at my company what the worst
possible scenario is if we keep our Exchange 2000 server running past
March 11, 2007 without spending the 4 grand for the hot fix.

While an Exchange 2003 or 2007 upgrade is in our near future, we doubt it
will happen before this date.

At this point, it looks to me like the time stamps on email, calendar
entries, etc will be off by an hour for approx 3-4 weeks until the first
Sunday in April (old DST date) rolls around.  After that point is it safe
to assume email and other Exchange objects would have the correct time
stamp?

My main fear, is the fear of not knowing what to expect.  Can someone shed
some light or speculate what could happen?

Thanks

Bret Hanson
Systems Administrator
Yunker Industries, Inc.