RE: Domain name migration

  • From: "Gonzalez, Thomas A." <Thomas.Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:27:41 -0600

create alias email addee for the users

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Contreras [mailto:acontreras@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 11:26 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Domain name migration

Hi Team:

I have a good and interesting question for everyone.

I currently have my domain name registered as

We have acquired a new domain name called

Management has requested that we migrate all e-mail accounts to the new
domain name.

That is: Change acontreras@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:acontreras@xxxxxxxxx>  to
acontreras@xxxxxx <mailto:acontreras@xxxxxx>  . I need to be able to keep
both addresses alive for a period of 6 months or so. In case a person
e-mails me at my old address, it will be forwarded to my new address.

We are currently running Exchange 5.5

Does any one have any recommendations, good books, and suggestions? What
about timelines?

Alejandro Contreras
Systems Administrator
Ontario College of Teachers