RE: Backup/DR Systems for Exchange

  • From: "Tim Jordan" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:58:30 -0900

I'm glad this topic came up.  I primarily use Veritas at all our client
sites.  It's easy to setup, one backup job covers: system state,
exchange, data partitions, etc...  Full daily backup to

I've been trying to get Ntbackup to work w/our SBS 2003 server but it
always fails.  The doc's say that the everything should be backed up
with the SBS backup wizard but I constantly see files being skipped at
bakup time.  So I ended up doing separate Exchange & System state
(online disk backups), and data backup job to tape.