Backup/DR Systems for Exchange

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:45:23 -0500

We all obviously have different budgets, SLA's, mailboxes
requirements, etc., but we all have one goal in common when disaster
strikes: to successfully and quickly restore our backups.

I am interested to hear what systems you have had the most success?

For me/us, I use NTBackup, full backups every evening to RAID 1 disks
onto another server in the LAN, and then the backup is copied onto
SDLT tape. We have not had any disasters, so I can't say it's the best
for us right now, but I have done some testing and I don't have any
major complaints. Please feel free (I encourage it) to go into more
detail with your configs.

Cheers,

...D