RE: Backup Exchange Server

  • From: "Administrator" <Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:30:24 -0700

Here is how I did it.

1. I purchased identical servers to my existing pdc and the bdc which was
running exchange5.5.
2. I used backupexec disaster recovery to build a replica of my pdc on a test
network.
3. Afterwards I used backupexec disaster recovery rebnuild the exchange server
on the testbed(these docs are availble on veritas website).
4. I have also created successfull images of both pdc and exchange using
deploycenter software from powerquest.

However, if you have raid on these servers it could be much more chalenging.

Nalin