A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue.

  • From: "Edwin Jean-Gilles" <ejeangilles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:34:39 -0700

I'm running SBS 2003 and I get this alert saying:

A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue.

Verify that you have Internet connectivity. If you can view Web sites
normally, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to determine if
there is a problem with their e-mail server.

You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change
Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting
taskpad.

When I open my queues.  I see 46 diferent queues with messages pending in
a lot of them.  Also I noticed that Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks service
seems to stop after I start it.  I believe these message are rejects is
there any way to have these message forwared to another email address or
to create some kind of NDR report for them.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks in advance...